Do you have a refugee background and live in Europe?

Are you wondering how you can live or work in other countries within the European Union ?

Then take a look at what we do.

We give you advice

Steps to get our advice

1) Contact us    
Instagram or    
(of course you can contact us anonymously).

2) We will ask you to register here

3) Within 2 weeks, we will get in contact with you to arrange a first meeting with you. Here we can discuss your specific needs.

If you live close to our office you can meet one of our staff members in person, otherwise our meeting will be on the phone or online.

Find out here, in which cities there is a moveurope support desk.

We will, of course, keep sensitive personal issues confidential and can use secure channels of digital communication.

We speak English, French, Spanish, Italien, German, Portuguese. If necessary we can arrange a translator.

Before the consultation, please check out how moveurope! works so that you can ask specific questions. (Infographic coming soon)

What is important to know for the purpose of moveurope!?

Our moveurope! programme is only available to people with a residence permit, whether this is an international protection or a national humanitarian residence permit.

You also need to have a valid travel document and therefore can legally move outside the country you first seeked asylum.

If you do not have a residence permit, we can find out what other options you may have in our consultation.

We accompany you

There are different types of mobility programmes with different requirements. If you have decided to take part in moveurope!, we will work with our european network to find a place for your internship, voluntary service as well as apprenticeship.

We will accompany you in the preparation, throughout the entire recruitment process and visa application as well as additional support after arrival.

Your complete involvement and motivation is very important for us and key to the process, as moveurope! is not a service but a support network to your ambitions and goals.

So far, our knowledge and experience regarding open migration pathways via the visa process has been related mainly to Germany. However, we are of course willing to support you with the help of our network to move to other European countries as well.

We inform you

Are you wondering what rights you have in Europe or in the country you are currently living in?

Would you like to get to know another country in Europe, live and work there (for a while)?

Is it important for you to talk with other refugees about your situation and experiences?

Together with various external trainers, we regularly organise and conduct events and workshops in different languages (online and offline) that could be interesting for you.

Check our calendar and find out which workshops will be offered next. (Calendar coming soon)


In Germany, there are many opportunities to volunteer. 

You can do a voluntary service or civic service in the social, ecological or cultural field.

• Usually full-time employment with entitlement to regular vacation • Offers various training seminars for the volunteers • Social insurance is provided by the employer • Pocket money of up to 414 € is provided • Accommodation can be provided, but it is not guaranteed

There are different national types of voluntary service and also the European voluntary service (ESC programme).


Depending on the program there are age limits (16-27 years) but there are also programs open to people up to 99 years.



Normally, a voluntary service lasts between 6-12 months; 

usually 6-12 months (officially possible time frame: 6–24 months)


During your voluntary service, you normally get pocket money, accommodation and board from the organization you are volunteering for, you receive access to language courses, training and seminars and will meet other young people that volunteer in Germany.